Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dark Underarms :(

I am beyond stressed. I just found out today that my brother plans to wed on September 1st...this year. While I am very happy for my brother, I keep thinking about dresses and exposing myself ha. According to my calculations that is 2 months and 6 days from now. Shit! I need to lose like 3214985095 lbs and do something about my dark spots - face and arm pits. Oh my. This is going to be an absolute disaster.

Before I freak myself out further, it's time to be proactive. I'm going to start with the easier battle - my underarms. I'm not sure how or why but I've been cursed with dark icky arm pits. While doing some research I found out its a pretty common thing. Thank you Jesus. This means finding a treatment that works should be easy, right? Um - nope.(If you don't believe me, follow Diva in training's story here.)

So before this whole wedding news, I had already started my battle with my underarms thanks to summer. I wasn't sure where to start. I thought maybe I'd try the lemon juice that people swear by...or try Andreas Choice's routine. That was before I stumbled upon this:
 That my friends is Dove's Clear Tone Skin Renew Deodorant. With such a mouthful, I had my doubts. Dove's website claims, " Its unique formula, made with calendula and sunflower seed extracts, moisturizes to accelerate the natural skin renewal process, helping to visibly reduce dark marks and even tone with regular use over time." Ehhh, more doubt. But after a couple weeks of using it, I must say I see a difference. Maybe it is in my head or it is wishful thinking. Regrettably I didn't think of taking a before picture to compare. Nevertheless, I think there is an improvement. If it doesn't improve more at least it smells good.

I'm going to keep using it and I've decided to follow other tips to whiten them more. I'll record progress going on and give an update. I noticed some of the reviewers said they saw results in 2 weeks, others said 2 months so I'm just going to give it a full 2 months for a sound, accurate review.


Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment