Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Random Purchase

Last week I went to Sephora to restock on my beloved Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've come to the conclusion that I can never buy just one thing!! Haha, sad but true. I also ended up getting...

Benefit's Ultra Shines Lip Shine in Foxy Lady

Foxy Lady swatch
How many times are they going to say shine?! 

So, I never tried their lip gloss before but to date I've been pretty satisfied with other Benefit products (but don't get me started on Posie tint!!!) so I thought I'd give it a whirl . First and most importantly, this lip gloss is not sticky. That's my biggest pet peeve. Its pretty comparable to chap-stick, meaning, lots and lots of moisture. Even with my naturally darker lips, I thought the color stayed almost true. Sephora describes it as "diamond rose" which is pretty accurate and at the same time pretty vague. It's a bit more sheer than I expected from just looking at the tube, but I suppose that's typical of lip glosses. The BIG downside: glitter. From looking at the tube versus the swatch there is big difference in the glitter factor. Go by the tube! From a distance, it's not so bad. Up close though, its this obnoxious blue glitter that I'm not a big fan of. Despite this, it does what it claims - makes you lips really shiny. I probably won't buy this particular kind again but really hope Benefit comes out with a similar line minus the glitter! If you like glitter, I'd say you'd probably love this. If you don't, just save your money! And if you're like me - more or less in between - it'll have its days.

No comments:

Post a Comment